For many of us, it’s that time of year were there are lots of opportunities for us to take to the stage and share our love of music. And there are many reasons why musicians of any age should be encouraged to take these opportunities to perform.
From a young age we encourage musicians to take every chance to perform, whether it be to friends or family, visitors or during school assemblies, to name a few.
At Tafelmusik & Wirral School of Music our regular concerts are always full of smiling faces, proud families and lots of good music making, bringing delight to both those taking part as well as those in the audience.
We’ve listed just a few of the reasons you might want to think about to make the most of that next performance opportunity:
- It’s rewarding to share your music making.
- It motivates and encourages both yourself and other musicians.
- You’ll bring pleasure to those who listen to you.
- You’ll feel very proud of yourself.
- It will help to focus your practice if you know you’ll be playing in front of an audience and you are likely to play much better than just playing for your teacher.
- It’s a great way to prepare for a music exam and test out your pieces.
- It will help you to build your confidence.
- It celebrates your progress.
- And finally, it’s fun! Always enjoy your music making!
If you’re unsure, why not start small. Play in front of an audience at home, or play for one of our friendly audiences. You might even want to try making a video of your performance at home and then share it with your family, friends or teacher.
Upcoming concert dates:
Thursday 25 January 2018, 18:30 – Training Concert at Wirral School of Music
Saturday 3 February 2018, 13:00 – Celebration Concert at the Panoramic Lounge, Floral Pavillion Theatre
Tuesday 27 February 2018, 18:30 – Training Concert at Wirral School of Music
Saturday 3 March 2018, 13:00 – Celebration Concert at the Panoramic Lounge, Floral Pavillion Theatre
Contact us if you’d like to take part.